June 25, 2009

The Obama Girls Attend Beyonce's Concert



(Picture not taken at last night's show.)



















So, last night The First Lady took her daughters, Malia (11) and Sasha (8) to see Beyonce perform at the Verizon Center in Washington DC.


I, for one, would not have taken my kids (if I had any) to watch a live performance by Beyonce (one that does not involves a kids event), as I do not believe her shows are appropriate for children. Just as I had a problem with Fergie’s performance at the White House Easter Egg Roll (maybe if she had sang age appropriate songs it wouldn’t have been a problem – and no, I was not expecting her to go there and sing ‘The wheels on the bus’).



I do know that Mrs. Obama is a very good mom and is very protective of her children, but my opinion is that this is one event the kids should have sit out.

No comments: